Key West’s Island House To Host Its First White Party Week Event
Key West, FL - For the first time, Island House Key West has been invited to serve as an official hotel partner and party location for one of the nation’s most anticipated HIV/AIDS fundraisers, White Party Week.
Based in Miami, White Party runs from November 16 through 26, and for the first time, attendees are encouraged to keep the party going in Key West the day after. Island House, the world’s longest continuously operated gay guesthouse, will undergo a white transformation for the event scheduled for Tuesday, November 27, 2012. Come, wear white, enjoy the white décor, socialize and dance.
Admission to the White Party event at Island House is free to all men. The party will be held in the café/bar area where people may come and go as they please without purchasing a day pass. White Party week-long pass holders, whether or not they’re staying at the resort, will receive complimentary resort privileges until 8am Thursday, November 29 (including access to spa, sauna, steam room, pool, towels, video room, the gym, etc.).
Attendees are encouraged, but not required, to book a stay and enjoy the newly refurbished rooms and the great service Island House is legendary for.
In addition to its white-themed decorations on the big day, the guesthouse has significantly updated its room and pool deck furnishings. Here are a few of the updates guests now enjoy at Island House:
• New room furniture including latchless West Elm wooden bureaus and glass-topped end tables with matching chocolate finish in guestrooms;
• 100% genuine leather furniture including slipper chairs, loveseats, and L-shaped sectionals in the apartments;
• High-definition cable upgrade in all rooms and apartments;
• Updated contemporary lighting in bar area;
• Hand-sewn tropical fabric banquette inside the poolside café and bar;
• Updated lobby with industrial-finished suspended lighting and built-in wall clock;
• Sleek, heavy cloth drapery along sliding glass door guestrooms; and
• Silver-lined and padded temperature neutral chaise lounges on the sundeck and poolside.
Island House Announces White Party, Upgrades and Promotions
Island House is also delighted to announce their popular "4/3" promotional special once again this coming season for guests who stay four nights between November 5, 2012 and June 30, 2013. These guests are eligible for a free three-night stay later in the year. The qualifying free stay must take place between June 10, 2013 and October 18, 2013, is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights only, and is subject to availability. Blackout date is July 4, 2013. The free room will be the same category as the paid stay. Upgrades are available on the free stay by paying the difference of the overall balance. The free stay has no cash value.
For all the military men out there, Island House offers free stays to active duty men who are on official leave. All other military personnel can look forward to 30% off their entire stay, no matter how long or what season they choose to visit.
Island House Key West is the longest continuously operated gay guesthouse in the world. The 39-room Island House is a destination unto itself, with an award-winning, poolside Café and Bar open 24/7, an on-site gym and spa area, two Jacuzzis, and an atmosphere allowing guests to enjoy a safe stay of their own making from mild to wild.
Island House offers abundant complimentary amenities from a lively happy hour to WiFi throughout the property. Island House celebrated its 35th anniversary in 2011 and has completed over $2.5 million in transformative upgrades over the past decade.
For more information on the White Party event, visit http://bit.ly/OWxBaE. To book a room, call 800-890-6284 or visit www.IslandHouseKeyWest.com
Join the online discussion with Island House Key West’s friends, family and staff:
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Island-House-Key-West-Gay-Hotel-Resort/56402142064
• Twitter: Twitter.com/IslandHouseKW (@IslandHouseKW)